Here is the doll I've been working on.
The second view includes a bored Chauncey, with more dress view. I made the shirt out of two linen hankies from a thrift store. The dark orange print dress is from a Balinese sarong I bought about 12 years ago which served as a curtain in the one window I had in my bedroom in Baltimore. I've used little bits of this favorite fabric over the years in quilts, and when I was looking for a dress fabric, it was the best, by far.
We just got a new camera, so I am still experimenting with the various settings. Forgot the flash on the second, as you can probably tell.
I'm mostly happy with the way the doll came out, but I wish I hadn't made her head separate from her body. I'm glad I did so with the arms and legs, so that they can move about. But her head flops back and forth a lot, so I think the next doll I attempt will have the head and trunk as one piece. Although now that I think about it, my Raggedy Anne's head flopped. Unless I'm mis-remembering...
I have two other dolls I made a while back I will photograph soon. And I plan to make more dolls. I have lots of friends with young kids, so I'll give them as gifts. Hopefully I'll get faster as I make more of them.